Bridging the Gap
Sponsored Renasight™ genetic testing for eligible* Black patients with non-diabetic chronic kidney disease†
African Americans are 3 to 4 times more likely to develop kidney failure, which has raised the possibility of a genetic cause for this disparity.1, 2 Research has discovered hundreds of genes linked to increased risk for kidney disease, including the APOL1 gene – thought to be associated with a rapidly progressive form of chronic kidney disease for people of African ancestry who have high risk variants. Genetic testing is the first step for patients to understand their genetic risk and better inform their treatment options.
Vertex Pharmaceuticals is sponsoring a no-cost testing program to provide Renasight™ genetic test to eligible* individuals who have been diagnosed with non-diabetic chronic kidney disease.
Support at Every Step
When you order Renasight™, you have access to a team of highly dedicated doctors, therapeutic specialists, and licensed genetic counselors committed to making Renasight™ a simple and seamless process from ordering, to results, to patient education.
Complementary Genetic Counseling
Natera’s Renal Genetic Counselors (RGC’s) are trained and certified to provide genetic counseling, education, and support to clinicians, patients, and/or families who have been, or plan to be, tested with Renasight™. Our RGC’s work to provide the highest level of support to you as well as your patients and families.
RGCs services include:
- Help providers better understand individual Renasight™ test results
- Help patients better understand their Renasight™ test results, with post RGC session notes given to providers to add to patient charts
- Explain how gene changes can cause genetic conditions
- Talk about the inheritance pattern of genetic conditions for patients/families
- Inform clinicians when a Variant of Uncertain Significance (VUS) has been reclassified
- Inform clinicians in the event that a Renasight™ test result has changed because of a variant upgrade due to reclassification
- Provide support and resources
Nurse Coordinator Team
Natera’s Nurse Coordinator team offers additional support to you and your staff when placing Renasight™ orders, fulfilling Renasight™ kits, answering requisition form questions, tracking and receiving results, and coordinating blood draws.
Are you located in an approved region?
Select your user type to proceed!
† The Sponsored Renasight™ Genetic Testing Program is funded by Vertex Pharmaceuticals
1Umeukeje EM, Young BA. Genetics and ESKD Disparities in African Americans. Am J Kidney Dis. 2019 Dec;74(6):811-821. doi: 10.1053/j.ajkd.2019.06.006. Epub 2019 Oct 10. PMID: 31606237; PMCID: PMC7373097.