Hereditary cancer testing, made accessible
Empower is a genetic test for those who want to know more about their risk of developing cancer, why it might be common in their family, or want to inform treatment options following a cancer diagnosis.
Empower tests up to 53 genes associated with risk for common hereditary cancers using blood or saliva samples. Breast STAT panel results arrive in 5-7 days, with a full report in 2 weeks.
The Empower Hereditary Cancer Test is Designed with Your Practice in Mind
Four panel options with up to 53 genes across eight common hereditary cancer types, and a Breast STAT option to deliver results in time to build guided treatment plans.
BRCA1 & BRCA2
Genes: BRCA1, BRCA2
Breast, Ovarian, Endometrial cancers and Lynch Syndrome genes
Additional Genes: ATM, BRIP1, CDH1, CHEK2, EPCAM, MLH1, MSH2, MSH6, NBN, NF1, PALB2, PMS2, PTEN, RAD51C, RAD51D, STK11, TP53
Most commonly screened-for, actionable hereditary cancer genes across 8 cancer types*
Additional Genes: APC, AXIN2, BAP1, BARD1, BMPR1A, CDK4, CDKN2A, GALNT12, GREM1, HOXB13, MEN1, MITF, MSH3, MUTYH, NTHL1, POLD1, POLE, RNF43, RPS20, SMAD4, VHL
Includes multi-cancer panel plus additional genes with emerging evidence of elevated cancer risks
Additional Genes: CTNNA1, DICER1, KIT, MRE11, PDGFRA, RAD50, SDHA, SDHB, SDHC, SDHD, SMARCA4, TSC1, TSC2
*Breast STAT panel available with 11 breast cancer genes reported within 5-7 calendar days + 29 additional genes reported within 2 weeks. Breast STAT genes include ATM, BARD1, BRCA1, BRCA2, CDH1, CHEK2, NBN, PALB2, PTEN, STK11 and TP53.
Patient management recommendations based on medical guidelines
- Detect cancer at its earliest, most treatable stage
- Identify risk-reducing medications and surgeries
- Inform surgical and therapeutic decisions following a cancer diagnosis
- Notify family members to help them proactively manage hereditary cancer risk
Tyrer-Cuzick results for a comprehensive breast cancer risk assessment
- Patients without a breast cancer-related gene mutation may still have increased risk for breast cancer based on their family cancer history and estrogen exposure over their lifetime.
- Patients with ≥20% remaining lifetime breast cancer risk qualify for insurance coverage for preventive screenings including annual breast MRI surveillance in addition to an annual mammogram.
- Tyrer-Cuzick evaluations are recommended by medical guidelines to calculate a woman’s breast cancer risk in the next 5 years and over the course of her lifetime.
- Empower reports offer clear medical management information based on genetic and family history risk.
Natera is committed to patient affordability
Natera is proud to be an in-network provider with most health plans, including Aetna, Anthem, Cigna, and UnitedHealthcare.
For patients without adequate insurance coverage, Natera also offers self-pay pricing and compassionate care options.
Support every step of the way
- Patient brochures, videos, webinars, and online content
- Pre-test genetic info sessions
- Texting program
- Broad in-network coverage
- Personalized cost estimates
- Financial access programs
- A range of ordering options
- Flexible phlebotomy options
- End-to-end remote testing
- Online results management
- Patient-friendly reports and supplements
- Interactive results delivery
- Post-test genetic info sessions and provider consultations
- Horizon Partner Auto-Enroll
- Spectrum Advantage Program
Disclaimers : Bellcross CA, Peipins LA, McCarty FA, Rodriguez JL, et al. Genet Med. Characteristics associated with genetic counseling referral and BRCA1/2 testing among women in a large integrated health system. 2015 Jan;17(1):43–50. Patel SG, Ahnen DJ, Kinney AY, et al. Am J Gastroenterol. Knowledge and uptake of genetic counseling and colonoscopic screening among individuals at increased risk for lynch syndrome and their endoscopists from the family health promotion project. 2016 Feb;111(2):285-93.