Most comprehensive miscarriage test
Anora tests for chromosomal abnormalities and results are typically returned to your doctor within one week of sample receipt.
Why Perform Miscarriage Genetic Testing?
The results obtained from chromosome testing after a miscarriage can reduce your emotional burden and improve your chances of a future successful pregnancy. If genetic testing identifies a chromosomal abnormality as the reason for miscarriage, your chances of recurrence are low. Genetic testing can save your provider from performing costly medical work-up to determine the cause of miscarriage.
Why choose Anora?
Anora can identify the reason for a miscarriage and rule out chromosomal problems as the cause. It can be used on losses that have recently occurred and on losses that took place several years ago.
Anora is the most comprehensive chromosome test for miscarriage and returns a result >99% of the time. Other advantages:
- Anora can differentiate between maternal and fetal DNA, enabling maternal cell contamination (MCC) to be ruled out.
- Anora can determine whether a chromosomal abnormality originated in the egg or sperm.
- Anora’s results are returned quickly—in about one week.
- Anora offers complimentary pre- and post-test information sessions with board-certified genetic counselors.
What conditions can Anora detect?
- Trisomy—extra or missing chromosomes (e.g., Trisomy 21 (Down syndrome), Trisomy 13 (Patau syndrome), Trisomy 18 (Edward syndrome))
- Triploidy—a complete extra set of chromosomes
- Deletions and duplications—extra or missing pieces of a chromosome
- Uniparental disomy (UPD)—two copies of a chromosome from the same parent with no copies from the other parent
Is Anora right for me?
Testing can be helpful if you:
- Have had a child or previous pregnancy with a chromosomal abnormality
- Want to better understand why you had a miscarriage
- Have had more than one miscarriage
- Want to understand recurrence risks