Introducing: Prospera Innovation Award
Natera supports the global healthcare community’s independent initiatives in areas of unmet medical need. We welcome collaboration and continued learning to help our patients live long and prosper.
This year, Natera has allocated funding for research grants that are focused on the development or refinement of clinical knowledge related to Prospera.
The deadline for application submissions is September 15, 2021.
All eligible applications will be considered. Winning proposals should meet the following criteria:
- Have the potential to address a significant, unmet clinical need or to inform treatment decisions
- Present a novel idea for using Prospera to answer a clinical question
- Investigator will have demonstrated ability to perform proposed clinical or translational research
For further information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Review Process
- A panel of Natera experts will review each application.
- All grants will be reviewed for compliance in meeting Natera’s policies for grant funding.
- Principal Investigators and site identifiers will be removed prior to review.
- Grants will be scored and awarded on the basis of novelty, research approach, feasibility of obtaining relevant data, and prior work, as well as other factors.
- Applicants will be notified of the funding decision by email.
- Final application decisions will be announced on [Day Month Year].
Guidelines for Evaluation
- The applicant must hold appropriate advanced degree (MD, PhD, PharmD, GC, or equivalent degree) at the time of application.
- The proposed work is to be performed at a US-based institution.
- If the applicant is currently receiving funding for a project similar to the topics described in this RFA, the applicant should explain how the funds of this grant would not overlap with the funds of the other research support.
- Applicants must not have a pre-existing substantial relationship with Natera that would present a real or perceived conflict of interest if awarded this grant.
- Investigator should not have received Natera support within the prior 12 month period.
- Investigator agrees to refrain from performing a comparison between Prospera and any other commercially available biomarker test.
Innovation Award Funding Guidelines & Terms of Agreement
- Funding in the amount of $50,000 will be awarded to one applicant per cycle.
- Funding will not be released until visa status is confirmed (if applicable).
- The grant is intended to provide only salary support for the researcher and direct expenses (supplies/materials). No other costs are permitted, including institutional overhead.
- The grant is paid in a one-time installment to the recipient’s institution.
- Grant funding is not transferable.
- The applicant must acknowledge the grant as a funding source in all manuscripts and presentations derived from the funded research using the following statement: “This work was supported by a Natera Innovation Award grant ”.
- Pursuant to regulations of the federal Physician Payment Sunshine Act (included in the Affordable Care Act), NPI numbers will be collected from grant recipients (if applicable) and tax ID numbers collected from the recipients’ institutions (if applicable). All payments will be reported to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Open Payments system, as payments from Natera represent indirect transfers of value from the funding pharmaceutical company.
- No progress reports will be required for the Innovation Award.
- If you are awarded a grant, Natera will require a signed, formal letter of agreement (LOA) stating that you agree to these funding guidelines and terms.