Hereditary cancer testing, made accessible
Empower is a genetic test for those who want to know more about their risk for developing cancer or why it might be common in their family.
Empower tests up to 53 genes associated with risk for common hereditary cancers using blood or saliva samples. Results are delivered within 2-3 weeks.
The Empower Hereditary Cancer Test is Designed with Your Practice in Mind
Four panel options with up to 53 genes across eight common hereditary cancer types
BRCA1 & BRCA2
Genes: BRCA1, BRCA2
Breast, Ovarian, Endometrial cancers and Lynch Syndrome genes
Additional Genes: ATM, BRIP1, CDH1, CHEK2, EPCAM, MLH1, MSH2, MSH6, NBN, NF1, PALB2, PMS2, PTEN, RAD51C, RAD51D, STK11, TP53
Most commonly screened-for hereditary cancer genes across 8 cancer types
Additional Genes: APC, AXIN2, BAP1, BARD1, BMPR1A, CDK4, CDKN2A, GALNT12, GREM1, HOXB13, MEN1, MITF, MSH3, MUTYH, NTHL1, POLD1, POLE, RNF43, RPS20, SMAD4, VHL
Includes multi-cancer panel plus additional genes with emerging evidence of elevated cancer risks
Additional Genes: CTNNA1, DICER1, KIT, MRE11, PDGFRA, RAD50, SDHA, SDHB, SDHC, SDHD, SMARCA4, TSC1, TSC2
Patient management recommendations based on medical guidelines
- Screenings that detect cancer at its earliest, most treatable stage
- Risk-reducing medications and surgeries
- Surgical or therapeutic decisions for patients diagnosed with cancer
- Informing family members to help them proactively manage hereditary cancer risk
Support every step of the way
- Patient brochures, videos, webinars, and online content
- Pre-test genetic info sessions
- Texting program
- Broad in-network coverage
- Personalized cost estimates
- Financial access programs
- A range of ordering options
- Flexible phlebotomy options
- End-to-end remote testing
- Online results management
- Patient-friendly reports and supplements
- Interactive results delivery
- Post-test genetic info sessions and provider consultations
- Horizon Partner Auto-Enroll
- Spectrum Advantage Program
Natera is committed to patient affordability
Natera is pleased to be an in-network provider with most health plans, including Aetna, Anthem, Cigna, and UnitedHealthcare.
For patients without adequate insurance coverage, Natera also offers self-pay pricing and compassionate care options.
Disclaimers : Bellcross CA, Peipins LA, McCarty FA, Rodriguez JL, et al. Genet Med. Characteristics associated with genetic counseling referral and BRCA1/2 testing among women in a large integrated health system. 2015 Jan;17(1):43–50. Patel SG, Ahnen DJ, Kinney AY, et al. Am J Gastroenterol. Knowledge and uptake of genetic counseling and colonoscopic screening among individuals at increased risk for lynch syndrome and their endoscopists from the family health promotion project. 2016 Feb;111(2):285-93.