Kidney gene panel
Renasight is a test to determine if there is a genetic cause for an individual’s kidney disease or if there is an increased hereditary risk due to family history. The test uses a blood or saliva sample to test 385 genes associated with chronic kidney disease (CKD). Results are available in approximately 3 weeks.
What are the benefits of genetic testing for kidney disease?
Provides valuable information for disease management
- Identify the cause of disease and help predict its progression
- Impact treatment path by using test results to inform more tailored interventions
- Educate family members who may also be at risk for kidney disease
- Enroll in appropriate clinical trials that may provide advanced treatments and interventions
Why choose Renasight?
Comprehensive. Convenient. Accessible.
- Comprehensive: Leverages next generation sequencing to analyze over 380 genes that were selected by genetic experts to provide clinically actionable information.
- Convenient: Remote testing services including virtual ordering for providers and at home sample collection for patients (saliva or mobile blood draw). Complimentary information sessions with board-certified genetic counselors.
- Accessible: Affordable with limited to no patient responsibility for most patients. All insurance plans accepted and affordable testing is available through a variety of payment methods.
How to get started
- Provider orders the Renasight test
- Patient provides a blood or saliva sample (from clinic or home)
- Results are available for review in about 3 weeks.