Natera’s Visiting Professor Grant Program
Natera is committed to supporting independent events that facilitate education related to the awareness and utility of genetic testing for kidney disease or the use of cell-free DNA in transplant rejection surveillance.
The Visiting Professor Grant Program provides a $5,000 maximum award paid to the institution hosting the professor or content-matter expert.
The institution must describe the proposed professorship format in the application. A model of one type of program is as follows:
- Evening/late afternoon interactive Journal Club or VP Case Presentations with the residents and fellows.
- Grand rounds or similar presentation the following morning.
The hosting institution must promote and publicize the program, as well as coordinate program details and logistics with the Visiting Professor. At the conclusion of the program the awardee will provide the final program announcement, a summary of the participants and any survey results.
Guidelines for Evaluation
- Responsibility and control over the selection, content, faculty, educational methods, materials, and venue for an education event belongs solely to the organizers of the event. Natera will not provide any advice or guidance to the institution regarding the content or faculty for an educational program.
- Visiting Professor funding decisions will not take into account the current or potential customer status of the grant requestor.
- Natera requires that a fully-executed agreement, signed by the requesting institution and Natera be completed prior to the commencement of the program.
- Natera’s sponsorship shall be acknowledged by the recipient.