The California Prenatal Screening Program + Natera
Changes are coming September 19.
Watch our webinar “California Prenatal Screening update: What you
need to know” to find out what you need to be ready and how
Natera is here to help!
Available Now. Sign up to watch the webinar.
Angelica Doumak, MS, LCGCMedical Science Liaison, Women’s Health, Natera
Alicia Orta, MPH, MS, LCGCMedical Science Liaison, Women's Health, Natera
Natera is making these changes easy
Starting September 19, 2022, the California prenatal screening program (CA PNS) is transitioning to cell-free DNA (cfDNA) as the primary screening technology for trisomies 21, 18, and 13, as well as fetal sex (optional).
Find out more about:
- 1. CA PNS + Natera
- 2. How Is CA PNS Changing?
- 3. Ordering Genetic Testing Through CA PNS
- 4. Ordering Expanded Prenatal Genetic Screening in California
- 5. Ordering All Prenatal Genetic Screening Easily in California
- 6. California Clinician Resources for Prenatal Genetic Screening
- 7. Resources for Counseling and Consenting Patients Appropriately
- 8. Tips for Ordering, Counseling, and Reviewing Results
- 9. Accessing Blood Draw Services for Prenatal Genetic Screening
Why partner with Natera?
As a global leader in cfDNA testing, Natera is proud to be an approved noninvasive prenatal testing (NIPT) laboratory for CA PNS. Natera is making ordering prenatal genetic screening for your patients easy with the following options:
Key dates for 2022
|Available Now||Providers gain access to CalGenetic Portal|
|July 26||California PNS webinar: PNS Program Changes: What to Expect|
|August 24||California PNS webinar: PNS Program Changes: Educational/Training Materials|
|August 28||Last day to order first trimester biochemical Test Request Forms|
|September 18||Last day to perform first trimester biochemical test|
|September 19||Redesigned PNS Program launch
|October 28||Last day to order second trimester biochemical Test Request Forms|
|November 28||Last day to perform second trimester biochemical blood draw for integrated screening results|
|November 28||Last day for nuchal translucency information to be accepted|
|December 26||Last day for first trimester biochemical patients to receive prenatal diagnostic care follow-up services|
Offer Prenatal Screening Supported with Comprehensive Services
When you choose Natera for your CA PNS laboratory, you gain resources including:
- Optional supplemental NIPT and carrier screening from the same blood draw*
- Complimentary information sessions for supplemental NIPT and carrier screening with Natera’s board-certified genetic counselors for both clinicians and patients
- Flexible phlebotomy services options
- Comprehensive educational materials for patients
Where can I learn more?
To read about the upcoming CA PNS from the California Department of Public Health, click here.
To learn more about Natera’s SNP-based cfDNA testing technology and the tests we offer, fill out this form
*Supplemental testing and carrier screening are eligible for insurance claim. CA PNS does not cover confirmatory diagnostic testing for conditions included in supplemental testing or carrier screening.
**Not available for egg-donor or gestational carrier pregnancies or in cases of dizygotic (nonidentical) twins.