The choice to use cord blood stem cells will depend on a variety of factors – only a physician can determine when cord blood stem cells should be used, on a case by case basis. Many of the conditions currently treated with cord blood stem cells are genetic diseases. There is no guarantee that your physician will choose stem cell transplant over other courses of treatment. Unlike cord blood, there are currently no proven treatments using cord tissue stem cells.
Transplant Summary Disclaimer
Natera and Bloodworks are in a partnership to create Evercord™, an offering that enables expectant parents to collect, store and potentially retrieve their newborn’s cord blood and tissue for therapeutic use in transplantation and regenerative medicine applications. The transplant data cited is from Bloodworks’ prior experience as a public cord blood bank. This data is referenced as proof of the quality processing and preservation systems for the Evercord product that are designed to enable transplantation when needed, and as a reference point for families who purchase the Evercord product.
New York Residents
Activities for New York State residents are limited to collection of umbilical cord tissue and processing and long-term storage of umbilical cord tissue or cord tissue-derived cells. The tissue bank's possession of a New York State license for such collection, processing and/or long-term storage does not indicate approval or endorsement of possible future uses or future suitability of these cells.
Promotional offers may be modified or terminated at any time without notice. Limit one promotion/coupon per customer (unless otherwise specified by Natera). Must be used in one transaction. Cannot be combined with any other offers, discounts or used for previously purchased products or services from Natera. Not redeemable for cash, gift certificates, or credit. No reproductions or rain checks accepted. Offer valid only during the stated period of the promotion. Total amount of the offer must be redeemed at one time. Promotions are applied to the upfront fees, not annual storage costs, except as otherwise specified by Natera (e.g., the Refer a Friend for Free Annual Storage promotion, and promotions on Lifetime Storage Packages). Promotional offers do not apply to financed purchases of cord blood banking (or cord blood plus cord tissue banking). Evercord promotional values cannot be applied to fees for other Natera products/services and are only applicable to Evercord services. Professional Discounts cannot be combined with other offers. Must be 18 or older. Void where prohibited by law.
Specific restrictions apply to the Refer a Friend promotion, which are found below.
Refer a Friend for $200 cash or cash equivalent
This offer applies only to Natera patients who are referring new customers to Evercord™. "Natera patients" are defined as those who store cord blood or tissue with Evercord or who have used Panorama, Horizon, or any other of Natera’s services. Referrer will receive $200 in cash or a cash equivalent, once the new customer ("referee") has banked with Evercord. Payment is contingent on the referee's successful enrollment in and storage with Evercord. Payments exceeding $600 in a calendar year are subject to IRS tax withholding.
Referrer must provide W-9 IRS form and complete a vendor set up form to be eligible to receive payment. Natera will communicate details to qualifying referrers, by email.
This offer cannot be combined with any other offers and does not apply to past sales. Healthcare professionals ("HCP"s) are not eligible. (HCPs include physicians, medical students, midwives, nurses, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, and physician assistants, as well as any of their staff.) Spouses and domestic partners are not eligible to refer each other, nor can a Natera patient refer him or herself. This referral program may be modified or terminated at any time and without notice. Void where prohibited by law. Visit evercord.com/disclaimers for more information.
Quality Service Guarantee
As an Evercord customer, the integrity of your child’s cord blood stem cell sample is guaranteed. If your child’s cord blood stem cells are used in transplantation, and the cells fail to engraft*, Natera will refund all service fees paid to Natera by you and pay you an additional $100,000, subject to the qualifications below. If you choose to continue storage of a Non-Conforming Sample (as this is defined in your Evercord Enrollment Agreement), this guarantee will not apply.
Program Qualifications Use of Cells – Evercord’s Quality Service Guarantee Medical Requirements:
- The cells must be collected with an Evercord collection kit and processed and cryopreserved in Natera’s lab partner’s facility.
- The cells must be used in a stem cell transplant for hematopoietic reconstitution either by the donor (autologous use) or a first- or second-degree genetic relative that is a sufficient HLA match.
- The cells must be released to a licensed medical facility, and administered to a patient whose care is under the supervision of a licensed transplant physician.
- The cord blood sample must contain at least 2 X 107 total nucleated cells per kilogram.
- The cord blood sample must contain at least 1 X 105 CD34+ cells per kilogram.
- The patient must be provided sufficient time post-transplant for engraftment to occur according to standard protocols.
- The cells must not be subjected to positive or negative cell selection, manipulation, gene therapy, or expansion.
- The cord blood sample cannot be combined with another product, such as without limitation: bone marrow, peripheral blood, or another manufactured cord blood product from another source.
- The cells must not be used in experimental procedures, including but not limited to mini-transplants, full or partial infusions, cell expansion, gene therapy, or other types of experimental procedures, extensive or experimental laboratory cultures, or combined with other agents outside of typical transplant regimens. At the time of the release of the unit, Natera’s Medical Director will review the list of medically accepted, proven transplantable conditions, and confirm whether or not the transplant is for experimental use. If a unit is requested for experimental use, this guarantee does not apply.
- The patient and/or stem cell sample must not be subjected to investigational drugs or protocols that may interfere with or adversely affect the ability of the cells to engraft within 200 days of transplantation.
This guarantee is not available to:
- Customers who enroll in Evercord through the Family Connection Program or other compassionate use program.
- Customers whose fees are paid by a 3rd party, including but not limited to Medicare or Medicaid.
This guarantee is void where prohibited by law.
Evercord’s Quality Service Guarantee is subject to the terms and conditions of the Evercord Enrollment Agreement.
*Definition of “engraft”: Cord blood stem cell engraftment is defined as three consecutive days in which absolute neutrophil count is at least 500 per microliter. Valid medical records documenting proof of non-engraftment is required by Natera in order to honor the guarantee. The choice to use cord blood stem cells will depend on a variety of factors - only a physician can determine when cord blood stem cells should be used, on a case by case basis. Many of the conditions currently treated with cord blood stem cells are genetic diseases. There is no guarantee that your physician will choose stem cell transplant over other courses of treatment. Cord tissue research, unlike that of cord blood, is currently at the pre-clinical stage, and proven treatments using cord tissue stem cells are not currently known. This guarantee does not apply to transplantation of cord tissue units.
Evercord Family Connection Program: Enabling Access to a Potentially Lifesaving Treatment for Siblings
Families that have been touched by illness may have a special interest in storing cord blood. We created the Evercord Family Connection Program for expectant families who have a child that has been diagnosed with a disease potentially treatable by cord blood stem cells. Under this program, if an expectant family already has a child diagnosed with one of the diseases that are currently being treated with cord blood stem cells, Evercord will cryopreserve, and store the sibling’s unit at no charge for a period of five years.*
Program Qualifications and Requirements:
- The expectant family must have a living, biological child who is a full sibling (same biological parents) of the expected baby, who has been diagnosed with one of the diseases that are currently being treated by cord blood stem cells. The list of such diseases is current on our website.*
- The stem cells must be released to a medical facility qualified by an institutional review board for stem cell transplantation and administered to the patient by a transplant physician.*
- The family is responsible for all costs incurred due to the transplantation and medical course of treatment other than the processing and preservation of the cord blood unit by Evercord including free storage for a period of five years.
- After five years, if the unit has not been used for transplantation, the family can choose to continue storage and start to pay annual storage fees or discontinue storage.
The following documentation is required to qualify for the Family Connection Program:
- A completed application form which must include the mother’s first name, last name, street address, city, state, ZIP code, date of birth, email address, phone number, due date, OB/GYN name, OB/GYN practice, OB/GYN office street address, state, and ZIP code, office phone, office email, and delivering hospital name and address.
- A completed form from the treating physician of the possible sibling recipient that includes the name and date of birth of the sibling, confirmation of the diagnosis, current course of treatment and attestation that use of cord blood stem cells may be required for the future treatment of the condition.
- A completed form from the OB/GYN attesting that she/he is aware of the intended sibling recipient and the sibling’s possible need for cord blood stem cell transplantation by the sibling. The OB/GYN will need to provide his/her consent to collect cord blood for the family, use an Evercord collection kit at delivery, and follow Evercord’s instructions for collection of the specimen in a sterile manner.
The Program Application and both the physician and OB/GYN forms must be attached to the intended sibling recipient’s record. Natera must pre-approve families with qualifying criteria for program acceptance. The program is only available to full siblings. Non-proven or experimental treatments are not covered in this program. Contact Evercord at (844) 522-4099 to discuss the program with our client education specialist and clinical team. Once accepted into the Program, the family will be asked to proceed through the enrollment process for Evercord.
Any fees charged by medical professionals for the collection of the cord blood sample at delivery will remain the patient’s responsibility. Clinical trials and treatments for diseases other than those currently listed on our website are not eligible for this program, but a physician or family may request review by Natera’s medical team for units previously stored for an approved disease. Banking your baby’s cord blood does not guarantee that the umbilical cord blood will be a match for any particular family member or that an umbilical cord blood transplant will provide the best course of treatment for any particular disease. The decision whether to use your child’s sample will be made by a licensed medical provider based on his/her determination of disease type and HLA matching for donor and recipient. Evercord’s Quality Service Guarantee (the “QSG”) will not apply to cord blood banked through this Program, subject to the terms and conditions of the QSG and the Enrollment Agreement.
List of Diseases: Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), Acute myelogenous leukemia (AML), Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CML), Hodgkin’s lymphoma (HL), Juvenile myelomonocytic leukemia (JMML), Lymphomatoid granulomatosis, Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL), E-β+ thalassemia, E-βo thalassemia, HbSC disease, Sickle βo thalassemia, Sickle-cell anemia, α-thalassemia major, β-thalassemia intermedia, β-thalassemia major, Adrenoleukodystrophy, Alpha-mannosidosis, Gaucher disease, Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome, Hunter syndrome, Hurler syndrome, Hurler-Scheie/Scheie syndromes, Krabbe disease, Maroteaux-Lamy syndrome, Metachromatic leukodystrophy, Morquio syndrome, Mucolipidosis type II, Niemann Pick syndrome type A/B, Sandhoff disease, Sanfilippo syndrome, Tay-Sachs disease, Gunther disease, Sly syndrome, Amegakaryocytic thrombocytopenia, Autoimmune neutropenia (severe), Dyskeratosis congenita, Fanconi anemia, Congenital dyserythropoietic anemia, Congenital sideroblastic anemia, Cyclic neutropenia, Diamond-Blackfan anemia, Evans syndrome, Glanzmann disease, Juvenile dermatomyositis, Kostmann syndrome, Myelodysplastic syndromes, Pancytopenia, Red cell aplasia, Refractory anemia, Severe aplastic anemia, Severe neonatal thrombocytopenia, Shwachman-Diamond syndrome, Thrombocytopenia with absent radius (TAR syndrome), Adenosine deaminase deficiency, Ataxia telangiectasia, Chronic granulomatous disease, Complete DiGeorge syndrome*, Omenn syndrome, Severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID), Autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndrome, Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis, IKK gamma deficiency, Immune dysregulation polyendocrinopathy, Juvenile xanthogranulomas, Langerhans cell histiocytosis, Leukocyte adhesion deficiency, Myelokathexis, Reticular dysplasia, Thymic dysplasia, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome, X-linked agammaglobulinemia, X-linked immunodeficiency, X-linked lymphoproliferative disease, Osteopetrosis, Systemic mastocytosis.
© Natera, Inc. All Rights Reserved. www.evercord.com Tel: 844.243.5221